After 18 months of preparation, the Interreg Sudoe 2021-2027 programme is ready.
For this programming period, the preservation of the natural capital of South-West Europe and its adaptation to climate change on the one hand, the strengthening of social cohesion and territorial and demographic balance through innovation and endogenous development on the other, are the foundations of our line of action.
To this end, among the funding priorities and specific objectives proposed by the European Commission for the 2021-2027 Cohesion Policy, the Interreg Sudoe programme has selected 4 priorities and 9 specific objectives:
Priority 1: Preserving the natural capital and strengthening adaptation to climate change in SUDOE
- SO 2.4 Promoting climate change adaptation and disaster risk prevention and resilience, taking into account eco-system based approaches (18,2 M€)
- SO 2.5 Promoting access to water and sustainable water management (15 M€)
- SO 2.7 Enhancing protection and preservation of nature, biodiversity and green infrastructure, including urban areas, and reducing all forms of pollution (15 M€)
Priority 2: Promoting social cohesion and territorial and demographic balance in the SUDOE through innovation and transformation of productive sectors
- SO 1.1 Developing and enhancing research and innovation capacities and the uptake of advanced technologies (€19.3m)
- SO 1.4 Developing skills for smart specialisation, industrial transition and entrepreneurship (€7.5m)
Priority 3: Promoting social cohesion and territorial and demographic balance in the SUDOE through social innovation, heritage enhancement and services
- SO 4.1 Enhancing the effectiveness and inclusiveness of labour markets and access to quality employment through developing social infrastructure and promoting social economy (5.3 M€)
- SO 4.5 Ensuring equal access to health care and fostering resilience of health systems, including primary care, and promoting the transition from institutional to family-based and community-based care (12.9 M€)
- SO 4.6 Enhancing the role of culture and sustainable tourism in economic development, social inclusion and social innovation (8.6 M€)
Priority 4: Strengthen the impact of SUDOE on the territories
- ISO 6.6 Other actions to support better governance of cooperation (5.3 M€)
The European Union's contribution to the SUDOE programme will amount to 115.3 million euros from the ERDF fund, of which 107.1 million will be for projects and the rest for technical assistance.
The programme authorities are now designing the tools and procedures for the implementation of the programme.
Information on the first and subsequent calls for projects (timing, modalities, etc.) started to be spred in the pre-launch seminar on 7 July in Toulouse. You will find here all the information concerning this seminar.