Aim: This project aims to study and improve the way drugs are administered to the geriatric population, using new excipients from renewable sources.
The problem: Elderly patients, (increasing population) usually multi- treated with drugs and sometimes with swallowing problems, do not have adequate performance for their treatment on the market as most of them are presented in a solid form. Therefore, the formalistic pharmacies can carry out the formulation/compounding in liquid form of the treatment required for each patient, making use of the excipients studied in this project.
• New health benefits and services from pharmacy
• Efficiency and organizational cost savings due to improvement in medication administration
• Consolidation of international networks for the advance of the knowledge in this area
• Improve the qualification of health professionals resulting from the exchange of international best practices and use of new excipients
• Development of the business network in the health sector, increase the competitiveness and economic activity of the SUDOE regions
- Research Centers in the field of Health and pharmacy.
- Clusters of health.
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Hospital companies
- Regional public bodies in the field of research promotion, industrial development or health.