The Certification and Audit Authorities are responsible for the Programme’s financial management.
The Dirección General de los Fondos Europeos del Ministerio de Hacienda de España is the Certfification Authority of the Programme.
Its role is:
- Authorizing the payments which match with expenses certificates provided by the beneficiaries;
- Receiving ERDF credits from the European Commission;
- Providing payment orders to beneficiaries;
- Recuperating irregular payments;
- Providing relevant elements for the control and close of accounts;
- Taking charge of the accounting registers.
The Audit Authority
The Intervención General de la Administración del Estado español (IGAE) is the Audit Authority. It is responsible for the audit of all the bodies, which participate to the control of the good functioning of the Programme, and it proposes corrections when irregularities are detected.