71 projects authorised to proceed to the second phase
The Monitoring Committee has issued a written opinion on the 144 applications received at the end of the first phase of the first call for projects, and 71 of them have been authorised to move on to the second phase.
The ranking of the 144 applications is available here.
Key figures of the submitted proposals
This first call has been opened to 3 priorities and 7 specific objectives. The 144 received proposals are now distributed as following.
Priority 1: Preserving the natural capital and strengthening adaptation to climate change in SUDOE – 59 proposals
- SO 2.4 Promoting climate change adaptation and disaster risk prevention and resilience, taking into account eco-system based approaches – 25 proposals
- SO 2.5 Promoting access to water and sustainable water management – 11 proposals
- SO 2.7 Enhancing protection and preservation of nature, biodiversity and green infrastructure, including urban areas, and reducing all forms of pollution – 23 proposals
Priority 2: Promoting social cohesion and territorial and demographic balance in the SUDOE through innovation and transformation of productive sectors – 50 proposals
- SO 1.1 Developing and enhancing research and innovation capacities and the uptake of advanced technologies - 33 proposals
- SO 1.4 Developing skills for smart specialisation, industrial transition and entrepreneurship - 17 proposals
Priority 3: Promoting social cohesion and territorial and demographic balance in the SUDOE through social innovation, heritage enhancement and services – 35 proposals
- SO 4.5 Ensuring equal access to health care and fostering resilience of health systems, including primary care, and promoting the transition from institutional to family-based and community-based care – 11 proposals
- SO 4.6 Enhancing the role of culture and sustainable tourism in economic development, social inclusion and social innovation – 24 proposals
The Joint Secretariat and the National Authorities will now start the evaluation of the applications in accordance with points 8 to 10 of the official text for the first call (available in Spanish, French and Portuguese).
The decision of the Monitoring Committee is expected before the summer. As soon as the dates are fixed, they will be announced on this website.
Further information can be found in the following video: