Axis 5 Environment and resource efficiencyObjective 6d1 Reinforcing the cooperation of the SUDOE stakeholders of the natural sites through the development and the use of joint methods.
- Management of the cultural heritage
2. Universidad del País Vasco/Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea. Departamento de Geodinámica. Grupo de Hidrogeología ES
3. Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas. Instituto Pirenaico de Ecología ES
4. Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha. Instituto de Ciencias Ambientales ES
5. Instituto Superior Técnico. Maretec Pav Mecanica I. PT
6. IRSTEA. ETBX Centre de Bordeaux FR
7. Universidad de Cádiz. Facultad de Ciencias de Mar y Ambientales. Departamento de Física Aplicada, Facultad de Ciencias del Mar y Ambientales ES
8. Instituto Nacional de Investigação Agrária e Veterinária, I.P. PT
9. Universitat Politecnica de Valencia. Instituto de Ingeniería del Agua y Medio Ambiente. Grupo de Ingeniería de Recursos Hídricos ES
The problem of how to manage water during the summer months in south-west Europe is becoming more and more pressing owing to the effects of climatic change. For this reason the AGUAMOD project proposes the creation of a platform for the integrated management of water resources all over the territory. This will give the benefit of a vision shared by different countries and regions to take into account changes in climate, water uses, and governance. Moreover, the project will create a formative game and an animation video as information tools.
- Castilla La Mancha
- Comunidad Valenciana
- País Vasco
AGUAMOD responds to water management needs, in times of drought or lack of resources- For this, the project started with the definition of the concepts related to the ecosystem services, proposing a collaborative methodology for actors of water resources management. The project is based on knowledge of the river basins and databases fed by the water agencies of the territory.
Among its results, we should mention:
- The definition of common objectives with a view to responding to the European Commission Framework Directive on water resources management;
- Management hypothesis based on political, environmental and economic priorities. The latter allowed the development of simulations on the consequences derived from hydrographic demarcation and hydrographic subsystems;
- The development of environmental, economic and social indicators for the implementation of the Directive;
- Instruments for dissemination of results adapted to the local scale, among which an interactive manual, a game and online training. These instruments not only contribute to support the daily management of water resources but also allow anticipation;
- A space for dialogue between scientists and political decision makers at transnational level.
Today, the CACG (Compagnie d'Emmenagement des Coteaux de Gascogne) has taken over the management instrument developed by the project for the whole of its system.