(This translation is generated by eTranslation, a machine translation tool provided by the European Commission)
The European Commission confirmed in September 2020 the continuation of the Interreg Sudoe programme for the 2021-2027 programming period. Activities for the preparation of the future programme are under way. This page presents the progress of the work and will be updated according to the information available.
The previous activities ended by the end of October 2022 thanks to the final approvement of the final version of the programme due to the efforts made by the task force before sending it to the European Commission.
The task force
The task force in charge of the preparation of the future programme was established in October 2020. It wascomposed of:
- the European Commission (consultative voice),
- representatives of the administrations of the Member States and third countries participating in the programme: Spain, France, Portugal and Principality of Andorra,
- the Managing Authority, the Certification Authority and the Joint Secretariat of the Sudoe Programme 2014-2020.
The mandate of this task force is to develop the Interreg Sudoe programme 2021-2027 in accordance with the provisions of draft Regulation (EU) No 374 and to analyse its impact on the environment and to negotiate the approval of the programme with the European Commission.
The preliminary drafts of the co-operation and strategic environmental assessment program will be published on this site as soon as they become available and will be subject to public consultation.
The cooperation area
The geography of the Interreg Sudoe 2021-2027 programme is as follows:
The essential steps in the development of the cooperation programme and the participatory process
The strategy of the transnational cooperation programme to be implemented in the territory of South-west Europe until 2027 is based on:
- a territorial analysis of the eligible area supplemented by a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats).These analyses will help to bring out the priority needs of South-West Europe. A review of the results of the 2014-2020 Sudoe programme will complement this first phase of work.
- a participatory process to determine the challenges to which South-West Europe will have to respond. Several consultations will be launched with stakeholders in the area concerned: (potential) beneficiaries of projects, socio-economic, environmental, policy-makers and citizens of South-West Europe.
The first online survey for all stakeholders is open from 5 to 25 May 2021. Your opinion is crucial for defining the priorities of the future programme and the appropriate type of projects. We invite you to participate! The survey is available through the following links in French, Spanish and Portuguese
All of these contributions will help define the priorities and objectives of the future programme.
At the same time, the working group will define the framework for implementing the programme: definition and timing of calls for projects, monitoring, evaluation, financial circuit, simplification measures, communication, etc.
Strategic environmental assessment carried out in accordance with Directive 2001/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 June 2001
It will give rise to a report which will be submitted for advice to the environmental authorities of all participating States for their views on the impact of future interventions of the programme on the environment on the integration of the environment into the future programme.
The first call for projects is planned for January 2023.
The new framework for EU regional policy after 2020
For the 2021-2027 programming period, the European Union will focus its policies on five investment priorities:
- For more information, you can download the fact sheet "Regional development and cohesion beyond 2020: the new frame at a glance”
- More information on regional policy: https://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/fr/2021_2027/
- The legislative package for the period 2021-2027 will be approved in the first half of 2021. Proposals for regulations are available at the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/publications/regional-development-and-cohesion_en
- Questions and Answers on the EU Cohesion policy legislative package 2021-2027: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/qanda_21_3059